Monday, March 30, 2015

I FROGot! Card (Kitty Bee Designs Spotlight)

Hi everyone :-D 

Today it´s my turn to be on the spotlight over at Kitty Bee Designs and I made this I FROGot! Card


I used super cute image 'OH I Forgot Froggie' from 2013 Good Luck Froggies Release. I like all froggies from the release and I think I´ll use them all in my future projects. :-D 


"Frogs are symbols of prosperity, wealth, friendship, and abundance in many cultures. In other cultures they symbolize fertility. In the Native American culture of the Southwestern United States, the frog carries a piece of wood in its mouth because the Mojave people believe frogs brought fire to humans. For the ancient Romans, the frog was believed to bring good luck to one's home. Native Aborigines of Australia believe that frogs brought the thunder and rain. Frogs are said to be effective in speeding up recovery from disease. Among the ancient Egyptians and Greeks, frogs symbolized inspiration and fertility. In ancient Egypt, Hekt, the frog goddess, protected newborn babies, hence frogs were symbols of fertility and birth. The frog is also said to attract true friends and to help find long-lasting love."


Details about my card... 

Image is paper pieced
I printed four froggies, two on a white cardstock paper and two on green cardstock paper, colored and shaded parts I needed with colored pencils, fussy cut all parts, colored edges with black permanent pen and glued all pieces together. Then I added gloss resin gel on froggie´s dots and belly, to create glossy accents.

Sentiment callout (bubble) is also paper pieced.  
I made sentiment callout using 'Stays In The Cave' free font from Kevin&Amanda and Paty Greif 'Circus Fun Bubbles' (bubble 23). I played with words and changed forgot to a FROGot. :-D 
I printed one bubble on the white cardstock  paper and one on the green cardstock paper, fussy cut them, colored edges and glued them together.

Here is a photo of all pieces I used for paper piecing. 

I love dimension on my cards! I added 3-D foams behind image and sentiment and placed them on the card. 

Card dimensions are 101 mm x 146 mm (4" x 5 3/4").

List of supplies:


I hope you enjoyed my spotlight project for this month. Check out the Kitty Bee Designs Etsy Store, Kitty Bee Designs Blog and Kitty Bee Designs FB. Be prepared for super cuteness! :-D 
http://kittybeedesigns.blogspot.com/


I am entering my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challenge badge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Cards und More, Challenge #128: Monochrom (Monochrome)
http://cardsundmore-challengeblog.blogspot.com/

2) Country View Challenges, March - Anything Goes
http://countryviewchallenges.blogspot.com/2015/03/its-march-and-were-celebrating-our-2nd.html
http://countryviewchallenges.blogspot.com/
Happy 2nd Blogaversary! :o) 

3) djkardkreations, NBUS (never before used schtuff) #4 - Anything Goes
My NBUS are Kitty Bee Designs 'OH I Forgot Froggie' digital stamp and Paty Greif 'Circus Fun Bubbles', bubble 23.

This is my 2nd entry to this challenge. 
http://www.djkardkreations.com/p/prior-nbus-challenges.html

4) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, Anything Goes
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge. 
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :-D


Crafty Milka

7 comments:

  1. This frog is fun, wonderful cards Milka!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha - this soooo made me chuckle. :-) What a delightful card and a very cute frog. Great paper piecing.
    Are the froggies still available cuz I couldn't find them in the Store ? :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Milka,
    was für eine tolle Karte mit dem Frosch !
    Liebe Grüße
    Käthe

    ReplyDelete
  4. hihi wie knuffig!Danke für deine Teilnahme bei cards und more und viel Glück! LG,Beate

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is the cutest card, very sweet frog! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting about the frogs...
    this is such a cute card...like the fun sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fab, such a fun card! Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and enjoy your Easter. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...