Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Flutter My Heart Card (Crafty Creations Challenges #299)

http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com/

Hi everyone :-D 

It's time for a new challenge at Crafty Creations Challenges.

Our theme for this fortnight is #299 - Falling For You. Love cards, autumn/fall theme, autumn/fall colors, falling leaves... Imagination is yours! :-D

Our sponsor for this challenge is Stitchy Bear's Digi Outlet, with a prize for our random winner: 3 digital images of winner's choice maximum valued 10$.


For this challenge I made a love card in autumnal oranges, using our sponsor's lovely digital image 'Flutter My Heart'. It's this Flutter My Heart Card


I played a bit with digital image on computer and created "sentiment circle" around butterfly. When I was satisfied with the image, I printed it on a white watercoloring paper and filled white spaces with black permanent marker. I left it dry for an hour to prevent any ink smearing while coloring.

I used ink smooshing technique for coloring. I love this technique and results. :-D

This time I didn't smoohed colors on the panel using transparent bag, like I did in my two previous attempts (you can see them here and here). I smeared colors on my glass working surface, sprayed them with water and smooshed the panel directly in colors. I repeated smooshing colors, drying layers in between, until I was satisfied with results. :-D

At the end I sprayed and splattered whole panel with water. For spraying I used sprayer bottle and for splattering fine paint brush. I love how Distress Inks react with water. :-D

I wanted to keep my card simple as possible, so I just glued panel on a white cardstock card base.

Card dimensions are 121 mm x 121 mm (4 3/4" x 4 3/4").

List of supplies: 
  • Stitchy Bear's Digi Outlet 'Flutter My Heart' digital stamp by Floppy Latte Designs
  • white cardstock paper 
  • white watercoloring paper
  • Tim Holtz's Distress Inks
    • Mustard Seed
    • Spiced Marmalade
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen S (superfine) 0.4 mm
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen F (fine) 0.6 mm
  • strong double sided adhesive tape
  • printer
  • scoring board 
  • trimmer
  • scissors
  • tweezers
  • sprayer bottle
  • Marabu fine paint brush no. #10
  • hairdryer 
  • paper towels 
  • water

Stop by the Crafty Creations Challenges to see gorgeous creations from my Design Team Mates and join us in this challenge. We are looking forward to see your projects. :-D


I am linking my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text is a direct link to the current challenge and blog badge is a direct link to blog or challenge home page. 

1) Craft Your Passion Challenges, Challenge #281 - Always Anything Goes
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge. 
http://craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.in/

2) Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge, Challenge #18 - Anything Goes 
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge. 

3) Papertake Weekly Challenge, Take your pick challenge
Color theme: Autumn in yellow, orange
Product theme: Distress Inks
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

4) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenges, No Designer Paper
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

5) Through The Craft Room Door, TTCRD Challenge from September 29th to October 5th, Anything Goes


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Stop by later today I have another card to share with you. Enjoy and smile! :-D


Crafty Milka

6 comments:

  1. so lovely card! love the colours and the butterfly is so great
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs! Cicci
    TTCRD DT
    ciccividpennan {My pesonal Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card love the background. Thanks for joining us at LPCF.
    Rose DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty, the background is gorgeous...greta job! glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! The background is amazing! thank you for explaining the technique you used. I really need to try it! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so precious. I love the colour of your background.
    Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
    Good luck, xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb background - such a gorgeous colour :-)
    Thank you for making such a great project using our Digis.
    It is a pleasure to sponsor you and I hope you have enjoyed working with our images.

    Best wishes,

    IKE x

    DT for StitchyBear Digi Outlet

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...