Saturday, September 17, 2016

Sending Sunshine Card

Hi everyone! :o)

Today I want to share with you CAS (clean and simple), Sending Sunshine Card I made a while ago but didn't find time to share it. :o)


My card is a CASE of gorgeous card made by Francine Vuillème of 1001 cartes. Beautiful color scheme, lovely nautical scene, fantastic CAS design! LOVE! :o)

A week ago I shared a card, also CASE of Francine's card. You can find it here. :o)




Francine is a very talented and creative crafty friend from Switzerland. I love her crafting style. Her simple design and stunning coloring blows me away every time she shares a new card. :o)

I used same products on my card as Francine did, created the same scene, layout and color scheme, but I went with paper piecing a sailboat and used design paper for sail. I went with one layer, while Francine added some design paper at the bottom of her card. :o)

Stop by Francine´s blog, 1001 cartes, and see her stunning creations. You can find her also on YouTubeFBPinterest.


And nowhow I made my card...

I started with the sailboat from Create a Smile 'Underwater Love' stamp set. It's paper pieced. I stamped the sailboat twice on a watercolor paper and colored all the parts in watercolor technique using Distress Inks. Then I stamped one more image on a design paper from Create a Smile 'Beach Party' kit. I fussy cut all parts and colored their edges with black Stabilo Marker.

Next up was a background. I used two handmade stencils. For the Sun I used circle stencil I made from an acetate sheet using circle cutter. For the sea I made stencil from a cardstock paper. I used scalloped paper puncher to make this one. Using stencils, I blended colors directly on a top folded white cardstock paper card base.

When I was satisfied with the background, I stamped the sailboat on the card base and colored it with black marker. I glued all pieces together, added 3-D foams on their back and glued them over the sailboat stamped on the card base.

Here is a photo before assembling all pieces together.


Next up was a sentiment. I used a speech bubble from Create a Smile 'Perfect Tune' stamp set. I masked word 'Danke' and stamped it with VersaMark Watermark Ink on a white cardstock paper. I cut out the speech bubble and stamped a sentiment from Create a Smile 'Sending Sunshine' kit on it. I glued 3-D foams on the back of the speech bubble and glued it on the card.

Coupe of enamel dots as a finishing touch, and my card was finished. :o)


Card dimensions: 126 mm x 95 mm (5" x 3 3/4")

List of supplies: 
  • Create a Smile 'Underwaterlove' stamp set
  • Create a Smile 'Perfect Tune' stamp set
  • sentiment from stamp set from Create a Smile 'Sending Sunshine' kit
  • design paper from Create a Smile 'Beach Party' kit
  • various enamel stickers from Create a Smile
  • white cardstock paper
  • white watercolor paper
  • Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
  • Tim Hotlz's Distress Inks:
    • Mustard Seed
    • Spiced Marmalade
    • Tumbled Glass
    • Broken China
    • Tea Dye
    • Brushed Corduroy
    • Vintage Photo
    • Ground Espresso
  • Stabilo Pen (Marker), Black 68/46
  • Pritt white waterbased glue
  • 3-D foam self adhesive pads
  • scissors 
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm) 
  • Fiskars High Precission Personal Paper Trimmer
  • Marabu rounded fine paintbrush no. #0
  • Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
  • crafting needle
  • handmade circle stencil (acetate sheet, EK Success Circle Cutter)
  • handmade scalloped stencil (cardstock paper scrap, Martha Stewart scalloped paper puncher, washi tape)
  • water
  • paper towels
  • washi tape (for masking and stencil fixing)

I'm very satisfied how my card turned out. :o) Thank you Francine for the inspiration! :o)



I am entering my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Create a Smile, Challenge of the Month: Circle

This is my 1st entry to this challenge.


At the end of this post...

On Tuesday, September 13th, a new challenge started over at Fairy Tale Challenge Blog. I'm a bit late with my project and challenge post, so until I share my project (probably tomorrow), jump over to Fairy Tale Challenge Blog and find out more. There is an amazing prize for one lucky participant. :o)


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

3 comments:

  1. This CAS is just amazing, Milka! Very well done, love it! Great dimensions and love how you made your own stencils! That one for the sea -with the scallop punch- it's really a brilliant idea! You are a clever girl, and also very accurate in your fussi cut! :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo kako je luštna in kako krasno si jo sestavila :-)) Super ideja!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your design, Milka, and your explanation of how you made it! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...