Friday, November 18, 2016

Striped Christmas Cards

Happy Friday! :o)

I hope you're all doing great. :o)

Today I want to share with you two CAS (clean and simple), Striped Christmas Cards.


To make these cards, I was inspired with fantastic Jennifer's McGuire Masked Stripes Technique. What an awesome technique and result!!! I tried it for the first time this summer and was very satisfied with the result and how my card turned out. If you like, you can see the card here. :o)

For each card I used only one Distress Ink. Using mini ink blending tool, I blended colors on white panels. For masking I used Micropore surgical tape.

After I finished blending panels, I heat embossed in white sentiment 'Merry Christmas' on both. Sentiment is from Apple Blossom 'Happy Santa' stamp set.

Then I trimmed edges on both panels, glued 2 mm thick foam squares on back of panels and glued them on top folded white card bases. Lastly, I glued another white panel inside each card to make back of cards thicker and more stable, because fronts are quite heavy and cards couldn't stand.





Both cards measure: 102 mm x 102 mm (4" x 4")

List of supplies:
  • Apple Blossom 'Happy Santa' stamp set
  • white cardstock paper
  • Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
  • WOW! Embossing Powder (Opaque Bright White, Regular, WL01R)
  • Tim Holtz's Distress Inks 
    • Blueprint Sketch (1st card)
    • Mermaid Lagoon (2nd card)
  • strong double sided adhesive tape
  • foam sheet, 2 mm thick
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • MS scoring board
  • Sigma Rotary Paper Trimmer
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
  • Ranger Heat It Craft Tool
  • powder bag
  • scissors
  • Micropore surgical tape



I am entering my cards to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Cards und More Shop Blog, Challenge no. 6 - Anything Goes with Winter / Christmas
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

2) Virginia's View Challenge, Challenge #25, Stripes and Plaid


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

10 comments:

  1. I like the simplicity of the card, Milka. This makes them special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing stripes! The blues are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi fabulous work, thank you for joining in with us at Cards And More x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clean and Simple, great Idea for a Christmas Card!
    Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Cards und More. We would love to see you again ... Katrin DTx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wonderful colors - so clean! Love it!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Cards And More - DT Janine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your C&S cards. Thank you for playing along with our challenge at Cards und More Challenge. We would love to see you again, hugs Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Thank you for playing with us at Cards Und More Shopblog

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...