Saturday, April 29, 2017

Cow Over the Moon Card (Kitty Bee Designs Spotlight)

http://kittybeedesigns.blogspot.com/

Hi everyone! :o)

Today is my turn to be on the spotlight over at Kitty Bee Designs and I made this Cow Over the Moon Card.


For my card I used a super fun 'Cow Barely Over the Moon' digital image digital image. So cute and fun!! :o) And there are more cute cow images in the store. :o)

I was inspired with my own card I made last year for KBD, Bat About You Card, and went with same color scheme and similar design. :o)

I made a layout on my computer and printed it on a watercolor paper panel. I left the image dry through the night to prevent ink smearing.

To fill a bit a night sky I was going to create, I stamped couple stars from Jane's Doodles 'Read All About It' stamp set.

I colored everything in a watercolor technique using Distress Inks (DI). First I colored a blue background, covered images with paper towel pieces and splattered the background with DI Blueprint Sketch and with water. When I was satisfied with background I watercolored the cow and after the Moon and Stars.

After drying, I glued the panel on a white top folded card base and my card was finished. I didn't want to add anything else on the card, such as sentiment or embellishments. It's prettier this way. :o) I could go with one layer card, but I wanted to save a bit on a watercolor paper, as my watercolor paper stash decreased enormously. :o)


Card measurements: 95 mm x 127 m(3 3/4" x 5")

List of supplies:

I hope you'll like my KBD spotlight card for this month and get inspired. Check out more cute images at the Kitty Bee Designs Etsy StoreKitty Bee Designs Blog and Kitty Bee Designs FB. :o)



I'm entering my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Happy Little Stampers, Watercolour Challenge, April 2017, Anything Goes
This is my 8th entry to this challenge.

2) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog, Anything Goes
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

3) Sweet Stampers Challenge Blog, Challenge #6 - Animals
This is my 3rd entry to this challenge.


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

8 comments:

  1. How cute is this card!! That cow makes me smile and such wonderful watercolouring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Das Motiv ist zuckersüß. Eine tolle Karte hast du gewerkelt.
    Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers.
    Liebe Grüße, Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute and fun card, i love the image.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers Challenge and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! This cow is so super cute! Another gorgeous card, Milka! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This image is so cute and whimsical!! I love the scribbly feel to the background to give this a real handdrawn quality. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The COW is sooo cuuute
    your coloring so bright and love the Blue BG too
    adorable and cuuute card Milka
    just have time to do catch up
    wait and see I visit your next cute post
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...